Friday, February 13, 2015

Never Alone

Lovely people-

The video is uploaded to youtube.  http://youtu.be/8H8-rBGdOfU The story behind the video is below: Enjoy.

This is kind of an unconventional way to share a song but it came to me this morning and I've been wanting to share this song with you since the beginning. This song was sung for me by Kelsey Adams and her friend, Cossette Fife after my sister, Liza, passed away. Kelsey was a good friend of my daughter, Tess, and she came to Liza's funeral where we reconnected. A few days later she told me she had a surprise for me and brought the CD of this song she recorded just for me, just to heal my heart and give me a most important message, that I wasn't alone. I can't tell you how many times this song came on at just the right time and helped me hold on. What a blessing Kelsey is in my life!

When I got the awful news about my sister taking her own life, my mother couldn't be found. It turned out she was at the temple that morning, praying for her children. My husband, my friend Shauna, and I were waiting for my mom at her house (my father was out of town in Utah, surrounded by several of his other children) When she pulled into the driveway I opened her car door, knelt down at her side and carefully delivered the devastating news. My mother immediately told me of this painting of the Savior that she had found while on her recent mission with my dad in Portugal. She had found a copy of it in the church magazine, The Liahona, and it caught her attention because the girl sitting on the Savior's lap is wearing the same exact dress that she had all seven of her daughters wear on their first day of kindergarten! Even Liza, the youngest, wore it, but she was so independent and stubborn she only put it on for pictures and she would only do that because my mom bribed her with a trip to the store to buy pretty  much anything she wanted (silver bracelets and a black horse). To us, the message of this incredible tender mercy of the matching dresses was to let us know that our precious Liza is safe again in the Savior's arms. An especially comforting understanding when you lose someone to suicide. This last month I found a photocopy of the picture with me in the same dress, reminding me that I am just as precious to him as well. Then I found this full size print of the same painting in our primary closet at church (Kim Robinson told me it was in there)! I took it home for safe keeping. :)

The big picture on the piano of the little girl in the dress is Liza, the smaller one is me. I wish I had a picture of each of you in this dress or of you holding a little white airplane, but each of us is just as special and treasured by our Father in Heaven and His beloved Son.

The little angels were given to me by sweet friends when Liza passed and they remind me of my friends that are angels on this earth who take care of me, and all the angels we have fighting for us on the other side.

The last two books I found at Target on Wed. night in their little gift section. They were side by side and needless to say, have the perfect message on the front for our group. I'll share more of the inside with you later, but aren't they awesome?! We are not alone! We are blessed!

The picture of Christ on my wall is simply my favorite picture of Him, the Good Shepherd. The serious yet small smile on his face makes me so happy and I love to think of Him smiling as he wraps his arms around me again someday.

I hope this helps you remember that we are watched over, even in our most painful trials. The Savior has felt everything we feel, have felt and ever will feel, and he did that so He can know how best to help us through each day, and so we will know that we don't suffer alone. I truly love you with all my heart. The Savior does too. You are etched onto his hands. Did you notice the little girl is looking at his scar on his hands? She seems to be asking, "You did this for me?"

1 Nephi 21: 13 Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; for the feet of those who are in the east shall be established; and break forth into singing, O mountains; for they shall be smitten no more; for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted.
 14 But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me—but he will show that he hath not.
 15 For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel.
 16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
The video is uploaded to youtube. ENJOY! http://youtu.be/8H8-rBGdOfU




No comments:

Post a Comment