Wednesday, February 11, 2015

RESULTS WEEK ONE!

Treachers- (those who reach for trees of life)

You are some amazing human beings (or human "beans" as we said as kids)! I have so thoroughly enjoyed reading all your thoughts and messages to me.  I want to say "YOU'RE VERY WELCOME!" to all of the nice "Thank you's" I got in the survey. You made my heart happy! I love this challenge so much and Thank YOU for doing this with me. I really enjoy learning and growing with you more than you know, and it wouldn't work without YOU! 

Please don't anyone apologize to me anymore for not having a great week with your points! Even the fact you are trying some of these things on some days, or just doing your best is GREAT! Tomorrow is a new day, next week is a new week and sometimes life is just plain CRAZY!!

It was also quite the reality check to read about so many tough things going on in your lives right now. Some have moved, have TONS of little children, a death in the family, struggling teenagers, boy problems, and many unseen struggles. It seems like so many are holding tight to their prayer and their scriptures (their Father and their Savior) for strength and peace but also noticing how things like getting out and exercising can bring a surprising amount of help too! YES!! The Lord timed this just right to help out his precious children.

Results! 94 people started the challenge and 50 people took the survey! I missed one girl on the list, so she couldn't take it, but I'm sure she's doing great! There are many I'm sure who are following along, but not wanting to do the survey and that's ok too! We are all in different places! 6 of you got perfect 40's this week and there were 28 people in the thirties! That's pretty darn awesome! :) Do NOT beat yourself up if you are in the roaring twenties or the crazy teens! Haha!

In case you forgot, the MYSTERY CHALLENGE this week is to BE MORE FRIENDLY TO STRANGERS (and everyone)! Look UP and say hello to those you pass by or chat with the grocery clerk or compliment someone on their outfit, their eyes, their smile!

Next I'm going to share the charts with your answers from the survey and then about half the comments that you left on the survey to share with the group (I'll share the other half in a few days). What fun these are to read and I appreciate you sharing so much. I know my faith and testimony were strengthened that these are TRUE principles! Have a great week and get RID OF THAT CLUTTER in your life! xoxoxo

(Weekly tracking sheet is attached. Thanks again Janell)!


MYSTERY CHALLENGE: Be a little friendlier and more outgoing! Will you do this?

Yes! Great idea. I'll get out of my comfort zone!4896%
No. I like looking at the floor and staying quiet.00%
I'm not sure yet, I'll see how it goes and if I survive this real human contact with strangers!24%

Which challenge was hardest for you this week?

Praying twice daily510%
Scripture reading daily918%
Exercise 3x weekly1734%
Eating healthier1326%
Rotating challenge (focus on prayer)612%

Which challenge had the most positive influence on you this week?

Prayer1836%
Scripture1224%
Exercise612%
Eating Healthy36%
Rotating Challenge (focus on prayer)1020%
Mystery Challenge (get small notebook)12%

How much effort did you put into the challenge this week?

5- I was on top of every challenge!714%
4- I really tried, and I'm getting there2244%
3- Did ok, gonna try harder next week1632%
2- Am having a hard time getting this all done48%
1- Not really even trying.12%

Has this challenge been a blessing in your life so far?

Yes, I am feeling a little better already!3366%
Sort of, but I have hopes it will get better1326%
not really yet...48%
This is killing me!00%

Do you wish we were reporting our points to the whole group?

No, I like the way it's set up.3570%
Yes, I'm more motivated when the point totals are shared24%
I don't really care either way.1326%


Simply saying your prayers and studying the scriptures daily adds a HUGE amount of the spirit, at least for me. I can tell I'm a lot happier when I do those things.- Jamee

It was pointed out today in RS that we know "the Lord is aware of us individually", however the devil is also aware of us individually. 
I've experienced this, this week. - Charlotte

I found that I thought about the challenge each time I prayed, read my scriptures and saw a beautiful tree. I also found that I had more distractions this week than usual. Like all things, we just need to set the time and do it. It was hard but I'm not going to give up yet. - Sharon

Great. It's a little challenging to get into the habit of "reporting" my progress, but I really appreciate your effort to organize this and believe it will touch and help change many lives.- Carolyn

My problem, in the past, is that I didn't feel like I had accountability to anyone. Nobody seemed to care... or at least I didn't feel accountable to them if they did. This challenge has helped me to check myself a few times each day and remind me to pray, read and feel. I posted my accountability chart in a few different places as to remind me of my commitments, which really helped. I gave up Diet Coke for a whole week!!!, which I thought would be really tough, but it really wasn't. My biggest challenge was exercise. I've lead a sedentary lifestyle for way too long, and it's just tougher for me than I'd hoped. I'm committed to getting ALL 6 points this week, though!

I found I fell into routine praying rather than really praying. I did well for two days and then things flooded me. My emotions got the better of me and I went back to the comfort zone of not having to "feel". And I think that comfort zone blocked my openness to prayer. I am going to try each day and pray for the ability to handle missing my girls and feeling alone. I am going to pray for the ability to handle my emotions. 
All other challenges were great. I ate healthier and I did not buy a single soda! My challenge there is to not drink it while at work. I am not eliminating it all at once but so far it has helped. 
I read scripture every day- some from the Bible and some rom the Book of Mormon and some from another spiritual source. 
It has been overall very rewarding. Thank you Sarah!!!! - Hillarie

I'm struggling with the eating healthy and exercise! I have been in a funk for a while and I know a lot has to do with the move and Nic being gone at work 13 hour days 6 days a week. I'm letting my emotions run that part of my life but I am going to do better this week!!!! I know that when I excercise I feel better about me and have more energy and heaven knows I need that with my four little ones! So tomorrow starts a new week and I WILL do better!! - Jessica Despain

Enjoying the facebook group as you can tell by my posts. I'm a "think out loud" sort of person.- Jennie

My roommate let me borrow this book called "Face to Face" by Michael Wilcox and it has seriously changed my life! It is all about prayer and I seriously can't even explain how amazing it is. I'm not even finished with it yet! But I've received many little promptings because of that book this week and I wrote them all down in my little journal that we were supposed to get :) It was truly an amazing experience. - Julie (I can't wait to read this book you mentioned!!)

This challenge could not have come at a better time. I really needed to make some changes in my life and this was a boast to do that. I really thought the Health aspect would be the hardest (it was). However with the prayers and Spiritual focus I was blessed so much. I felt Fathers love so much this past week.- Steve



Lots of love!
Sarah 

480-236-2326

No comments:

Post a Comment