Tuesday, April 14, 2015

WEEK 10 RESULTS!!!

Friends,

Thanks for filling out the survey! I saw some names on there I haven't seen in a while! Welcome back!! :) I hope everyone is doing well and is learning in your own way, that you are cherished daughters of a loving Father in Heaven. It's really true and I hope you are starting to feel it in your hearts. <3

First of all, there is an AWESOME event coming up I hope all you local Tree of Life challengers can attend! Thanks Dan Brimhall for the heads up on this! I LOVE THE MILLENNIAL CHOIR and Dan is a part of it! Here is what Dan said:

I would like to put in a plug for the concert for the "Deliver Us" that will be performed by the Millennial Choir and Orchestra. This will be a very moving and spiritual experience and goes very well with what we have been doing. It is April 24-25 concerts 5 and 8 pm on both nights. Tickets can be purchased at http://www.mesaartscenter.com/index.php/shows/music-concerts/deliverus

I am so excited!! Wouldn't that be fun if a bunch of us went?! I'm discussing this with hubby and will let you know when I am going. Is there anyone out there that wants to go too? Thanks Dan!

How are your preparations going for your art projects? Is anyone stumped (no pun intended! Hahahahahaaa!)? I still can't decide what kind of tree to do. I'd better start deciding! I am still journaling this week a lot. How about you? Thanks so much for your participation and willingness to read through these emails and try new things. You are amazing and deserve 100 brownie points! Make it 1,000,000! :)

I found this cute little article about the benefits of creating art: READ IT~ DO IT~~ !! 

3 reasons why making art is good for you!

ccbdc28afdcd32390b2b8abf6bd870bb

“Art washes away from the soul the dusts of everyday life” – Pablo Picasso


Believe it or not making art for your own enjoyment actually has its benefits to both your mind and body. We often spend our weeks rushing around focusing on our everyday commitments whether its your job, looking after kids, school or ticking off daily errands, that we never really get the chance to relax.
When you’re overwhelmed with the stresses of a busy lifestyle, actually embracing your creativity can actually reduce anxieties and stresses to clear your mind making you feel better. So art itself is extremely theraputic and to fill you in abit more as to why doodling, colouring or painting should become apart of your weekly schedule here’s 3 reasons why art is good for you!
1. Helps you to slow down - During the week we’re all on the go and so being a little creative whether it’s drawing, colouring, painting or snapping a photo with your camera actually helps you to physically and mentally slow down. Rushing around doesn’t do our bodies internally any good and so making time to do something artistic that you enjoy is healthy to both your body and mind.
2. You embrace a side of yourself you might not usually - Not all of us work a creative job but this doesn’t mean if you’re an accountant for example you can get inky and doodle away! You may even surprise yourself with the things you create and through that feel a sense of achievement in the things you make which builds up your positivity in mind.
3. Self expression and letting out your emotions – Much like music and drama making art in whichever form, helps you to express a side of yourself you might find hard to do otherwise. Like musicians who infuse emotion into the music they write, you can place emotions into the art pieces you make. In turn this helps you to acknowledge your inner feelings and let out things you might not find the words to say which you are can through a brush or ink for example.


Thanks to all of you participating and to the 14 of you who answered the survey. I love hearing your thoughts and ideas!! I know the whole group does. I'm so glad there are 11 of us planning on doing the art project! That's better than NONE! :)

Here are your responses from the survey:

THOUGHTS ON JOURNALING:

I didn't do the best to journaling this week. However, I did write in my journal two days and I was able to do it for quite a bit of time both days. It helped me sort out my thoughts, feelings, concerns and aspirations. I am going to implement this more in my life. I also found out this week that my 14 year old son has been writing in his journal for almost a year now. I asked him if he had a goal and he said, "No, I just do it every night." He is a good example to me. I also enjoying listening to Pres. Eyring talk that Sarah sent over this week. I feel the message is true that we have experiences in life that no only benefit us but others. The only way that they will know about these experiences and what we have learned from them is if we write them down in our journals.- Lachelle Hull

I found it easier to write if I pretended I was talking with someone and then the words just flowed.- Hillarie Miller

I am not the best journaler, very sporadic. This was a great challenge for me. I love to think at the end of each day, how have I seen the hand of God reaching out to me to touch me or my family today? Spring Thibaudeau

Writing in my journal has become therapeutic to me lately. I write myself things one day that I know will give me strength and be good reminders later during the week when I am feeling unsure or afraid of the future. It's nice to be able to comfort and strengthen the "future me."- Sarah Crawford

THOUGHTS ON MYSTERY CHALLENGE (Group Fast):

I can't really fast, since I have type 1 diabetes, but this sunday, I was able to partially fast and I feel like Heavenly Father knew my heart and knew I wanted to do what I could to show Him that I was willing.- Jennie Blaser

My ward held fast Sunday at the end of March. However, yesterday I chose to fast 12 hours with the group. I have some health issues that make it challenging for me to fast, but I felt it very important to participate in the group fast. I drew strength knowing we were fasting for each other (even though we may not know each other personally). Last night I received an answer from heaven on how to proceed with something that's been weighing on my mind. I felt extra love to have received this blessing so soon after our group fast. Thank you everyone who fasted!- Lachelle Hull

I loved fasting for our group. What a blessing to be able to strengthen the power of our prayers and show Heavenly Father how much we need, want and are willing to sacrifice for his blessings. So fun to do something to help each other out in a very real way. Thanks everyone that participated in any way! - Sarah Crawford




How did focusing on the JOURNALING impact your week?

Helped me slow down and reflect on my day31.1%
Found some interesting things to write about41.4%
Looked back in my journal and read a bit.00%
Helped me see God's hand in my life41.4%
No real impact good or bad51.8%
Took extra time and effort but worth it144.9%
Didn't really have time to focus on journaling51.8%

Are you feeling like you want to continue writing in your journal more?

YES! My life matters and my story needs to be preserved!41.4%
Yes- It helps me reflect on my day, thoughts and feelings51.8%
Maybe...62.1%
No...it might be a good idea, I just can't fit it in.00%
No- I think it's overrated.00%

Was it nice to know that the other members of our group were fasting for you today?

YES! It made me feel good.124.2%
Yes! But I felt bad so many tummies were growling on my account!20.7%
I try not to think about it!10.4%
No real feeling either way.00%

Are you planning on doing a Tree of Life ART PROJECT?

Yes113.9%
No10.4%
We'll see if I have time31.1%
















I love you all. Please get cracking on getting those supplies and have a seriously fabulous week 11!

Lots of love!
Sarah 

480-236-2326

No comments:

Post a Comment