Friday, March 6, 2015

Deep Thoughts While Washing My Car...

Lovely Friends-

Today I spent a very therapeutic 2 hours scrubbing my car clean from our trip to California. I'm teaching a class in 2 weeks about "Seeking Light and Clarity" and so it's constantly on my mind, along with this challenge, and of course, they go perfectly hand in hand. 

I was thinking about how ironic it is that sometimes, some of us are so scared, or so unwilling, to live some or ALL the commandments, as best as we can, myself included! Why did it take me 30 years to really dive deep into the Book of Mormon (reading for 30 minutes every day) and develop my own testimony of it? Why did I spend so many years living most of the things that I've been asked to do, but not all? Of course, the answer is because I am mortal, and have blood pumping through my veins, which makes me susceptible to temptation, but there is another answer (or several) but what if I thought I was happy ENOUGH? What if I didn't trust Heavenly Father that He knew what He was talking about? That I could be happier (free of my eating disorder) by doing something so simple and straight forward as reading a book? Was it too easy? Why do I think I'm smarter or wiser than the God who created me and gave me life? What else am I not doing that could bring miracles into my life? What else am I afraid of doing? Do I think I'm done needing miracles? 

I was thinking about this and how grateful I am for Heavenly Father's guidance (commandments, scriptures, living prophets) and this hymn popped into my head... "How Gentle God's Commands" 

  1. 1. How gentle God's commands!
    How kind his precepts are!
    Come, cast your burdens on the Lord
    And trust his constant care.
  2. 2. Beneath his watchful eye,
    His Saints securely dwell;
    That hand which bears all nature up
    Shall guard his children well.
  3. 3. Why should this anxious load
    Press down your weary mind?
    Haste to your Heav'nly Father's throne
    And sweet refreshment find.
  4. 4. His goodness stands approved,
    Unchanged from day to day;
    I'll drop my burden at his feet
    And bear a song away.

    To listen to the song, go here and click on the "Vocals and Music" https://www.lds.org/music/library/hymns/how-gentle-gods-commands?lang=eng
Isn't this the most beautiful message you've ever heard? We know how to find safety, security, peace, sweet refreshment, relief from our burdens. Keep his commandments, they are gentle and a blessing!! We are so lucky! Trust him. Try working on the one that is difficult for you and give it everything you have. Make it your mission to become someone who has that strength. You will be happier, and be guided to what you need to know in your life to help guide you (and your family) through these hard times. You will find strength. 

Maybe it's not a commandment per se, but something you should be doing to take care of your body and spirit that you are neglecting. These things have massive impact on our lives. It's not scary. It's a blessing to be able to improve ourselves. We don't do it alone, we have God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Ghost and each other. We are so loved! We have the answers. We just need to follow them. Don't beat yourself up either (like I tend to do). We can't go from zero to sixty in one second. But we can ask him, what step we need to take the most right now, and then go for it! We haven't taken that step yet for lots of reasons, and that's ok. But if you could see how happy it can make you and all the blessings he has in store for you, wouldn't you try it? Take that leap of faith. You won't ever be sorry! :)


Lots of love!
Sarah 

480-236-2326

No comments:

Post a Comment